Issue:
    Exchange mobile device synchronization failing to sync mobile devices

Changes:
    Reipíd server and move to new datacenter on different subnet

Layout:
    1 Exchange 2003 SP2 running on a 32 bit Win2k3 SP2
    Single server running everything
    Oh and someone made it a DC = THANKS!

Change: Reipíd server, brought down properly through KVM access, changed rules on ASAís, move to new site, reconfigured 6509ís interfaces for server and vlan, brought up server.

What I have attempted to resolve:
    1. Look for static ipís for old ip
    a. Nothing in host, lmhost or team setups
    b. Found a static in IIS > exchange-oma > Directory security > IP addyís and domain restrictions
    i. Changed it to the new ip = no change
    2. Rebuilt all exchange virtual directories = no change
    3. Build a non SSL OMA virtual directory = no change
    a. Used how to off Petri website - was sure to turn off formsbased, SSL and restart services before copying!
    4. Verified OMA and OWA still work = yes
    5. Verified AD rights to use mobiles services = yes
    6. Verified mobile services enable in Exch sys manager (all checked)
    7. Used test user on this test site which has help in the past
    a. testexchangeconnectivity.com
    b. Failed on just Exchange active sync = Exchange ActiveSync returned an HTTP 500 response.

Win logs:
    The mailbox server has its [/exchange-oma] virtual directory set to require SSL. Exchange ActiveSync cannot access the server if SSL is set to be required. For information about how to correctly configure Exchange virtual directory settings, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 817379, "Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003

Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [blah] User: [blah] HTTP status code: [503]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly. = for all active sync users

Devices: Win Mobile and Android = all fail

I am about out of ideas and working on procuring another license/server to setup a front end unit, move to Exchange 2010 and demote this last 2003 DC to resolve but thatís going to take a good amount of time and I would like to get it at least bandaided until that. Anything I might be missing or could check as well would be helpful.

Thanks for your time!

Re: ActiveSync - failure to sync mobile devices

Assuming your Exchange 2003 server isn't directly accessible from the Internet, what solution are you using for publishing Active Sync, ISA server or ...?

Comment

Originally posted by FischFra View Post
      Assuming your Exchange 2003 server isn't directly accessible from the Internet, what solution are you using for publishing Active Sync, ISA server or ...?
      The server is accessible through NAT rules on ASA's. So yeah ports 80 and 443 are directly accessible to the Exchange server.

Comment

So the answer is no one knows? Guess I'll mark that as resolved!

Comment

Wow guys, we missed another response.

You want instant answers, call Microsoft and have your cheque book ready.

How do your ActiveSync clients connect? SSL or HTTP? What type of certificate are you using?
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Hmm, try maybe CodeTwo Exchange Sync. Check first if the free trial works for you. As far as I know we use it in our company. My colleague uses this to check his office mail on Android when he's away. Take a look at the article depicting the problem of syncing Exchange Server data with mobile devices.
            Oh, it's one of my first posts, so apparently I can't insert a link for you, but if you type in Google: "Exchange Server: Synchronize Public Folders with Mobile Devices" you'll get a link to this article in the first results. Hope it helps a bit

Comment

grr, sorry, haven't noticed this post is probably outdated

Comment

No worries -- at least you pass the "I'm really NOT a spammer" test by your second post above

Are you associated with the product, or just a user?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The program is used in my company and I've recently found out that it's got the capability of syncing Public Folders of Exchange Server with Mobile Devices. I'll be testing it soon on my BlackBerry.

Comment

Working...
                  X