No announcement yet.

Can't send email between 2 Exchange Servers in domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't send email between 2 Exchange Servers in domain

Hi, I installed an additional Exchange server in my domain. My 1st server is an Exch 2000 while the 2nd one is Exch 2003. After installation of the Exch 2003 in my domain, I moved several mailboxes from Exch 2000 to Exch 2003 server via Active Directory Users and Computers. I dont have any problem sending email from Exch 2000 to Exch 2003. But when I send vice-versa, I get this error:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
    Subject: test
    Sent: 10/7/2005 8:33 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

G3 Misa on 10/7/2005 8:33 PM

The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.

< #5.1.3>

I was able to enable diagnostic logging for Categorizer and NDR and this is what I got:

Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: Categorizer

Type: Warning Event ID: 9019

Description: A message to 'smtp:[email protected]' could not be delivered because the primary address points to an invalid domain ''.

Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: NDR

Type: Error Event ID: 3010

Description: A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.3 was generated for recepient rfc822;[email protected]

Cause: This message indicates a problem with the address syntax; this means that the recipient address appears incorrectly on the message.

Additional Info:

Both Exchange servers have the latest service packs installed (SP3 for Exch 2000 and SP1 for Exch 2003). I have 2 DCs and both are GCs. Both Exchange Servers access the same Global Address Book.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks.

G3 Misa

Manila, Philippines

Re: Can't send email between 2 Exchange Servers in domain

Please try to rebuild the "Recipient Updates Services" database by open the Exchange system manager -> Recipient Updates Services -> and rebild the domain/Enterprise database.
    Also, please check that DCDIAG, NETDIAG command dont provide errors on the DC's + Exchange.

Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: