Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003; Microsoft Outlook; Unable to open the free/busy information

Hello,

We have recently migrated from MS Exchange 5.5 to MS Exchange 2003 (on Windows Server 2003). The default permissions for Schedule + Free Busy are set to Editor on the server and users set the default permissions on their calendar to Reviewer. We are running MS Outlook 2002.

When I try to access a colleagues calendar item I get the following warning:

Can't open this item. Unable to open the free/busy information. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or youe system administrator.

I have had a look on the WWW and tried running the cleanfreebusy command-line switch with no success.

Can anyone please let me have some advise on how to overcome this issue?

Many thanks

Alison Bell

Re: Exchange 2003; Microsoft Outlook; Unable to open the free/busy information

I assume that you are still running in mixed mode.

First, make sure you have public folder replication properly configured and set to run "always" under SERVERS-> SERVERNAME-> FIRST STORAGE GROUP-> PUBLIC INFORMATION STORE (right click, click properties, and then select the replication tab). And, check your security logs to verify that all users are logging in to the proper domain using the correct credentials.

If all is well, verify that permissions are properly configured at the top-level folder (i.e. the mailbox itself). In order to view the calendar, they must have permission to expand (or "review) the mailbox. Don't worry, with the default permission of "none" on the other folders (e.g. inbox, journal, etc.), the users won't be able to access them.

For more information Google "sharing mailbox folders"

Comment

Re: Exchange 2003; Microsoft Outlook; Unable to open the free/busy information

We are no longer running in mixed mode.

I have checked public folder replication and everything is correct, as are the rights on the calendar (set to reviewer).

I wonder if something happened with permissions when the mail boxes were moved. They were all set to reviewer on the old 5.5 box and we didn't change anything when we moved the accounts to the new server (just used the MS Exchaneg migration wizard).

Thanks

Alison

Comment

Working...
      X