Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User left Company mailbox

Hello

Writing an best practice for if someone leaves the company. I have changed the users password. Then run exmerge on the mailbox to convert this from ost files to pst files. Nobody reallys wants this mailbox can i delete the mailbox? or just delete the user? We are running exchange 2003 Server

Cheers

Re: User left Company mailbox

There is a very similar thread in Exchange 2007 you may want to review as well:
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=49475

As long as no-one wants incoming mail for the user, you can do either
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks For your Reply

I need to write a new Policy baced on users finding, We are going to exmaerge the ost file of the user mailbox to a pst file. Then delete the User. The question is When I send an email to a delete user i get the following

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
      <Emailserver#5.1.1>

How can i stop this? Is this something to do with send NDR?

Comment

Don't delete the user!
        Or add their email address to a live user account
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ops too late

I need to get rid of the mailbox, we are running out of space

Comment

Working...
          X