Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nt Backup thru batch file

Hi All,

I created a batch file that would take the backup of my exchange server with some Pre-deifned settings. My batch file will take a Normal Full bakup of exchange server in the same location where it is executed and saves the backup file with a predefined name

I am successfully able to take the backup with this script without any errors. The backup utility starts, takes the back up and exits.

The problem is how do I get a confirmation message that the backup completed successfully. I have to check event logs of backup logs manually. Can anyone guide me how can i pop up a message after backup finishes.

I have created another batch script that displays a custom message that I want. Can anyone let me know how do I make it execute when the backup finishes.
    Last edited by hyderabad.heroes; 20th September 2010, 09:40. Reason: Question Changed

Re: Nt Backup thru batch file

solved. i got it.

Comment

Would you care to share your solution with us?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I would love too.

I created 3 batch files

1. Exchange.bat -- this batch file executes the ntbackup utility via command prompt, takes the backup of my only information store and stores the .bkf file it in the current folder

2. Exchange Logs.bat -- this batch file copies the most recent log file from the default location to the current folder while timestamping it with current date.

3. Exchange Message.bat -- a final message window displaying that backup is completed and location of database and log files.

All these files are converted into a single .exe.

the current folder is the folder where this exe file is executed. the database and log file gets stored in the same folder where the exe file is executed.

Comment

Step 2 -- I presume it is the BACKUP log you are copying, not the Exchange log? (which will have been truncated if the backup succeeds)
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. It is the Log file created by NT Backup while backup is performed that I am copying.

You are correct, Exchange logs will be truncated after successful completion of backup.

Comment

Working...
            X