• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• publish exchange and record MX

how it's works

Re: publish exchange and record MX

?????
    Could you please ask your question more clearly?

Do you mean "how do I configure a public MX record"? If so, it will depend on who hosts your domain
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Maybe my post will be a nonsense but I would like to understand a strange configuration that I've seen in a DNS Server

1) We have a company that registers a domain with a maintainer example:

mycompany.it

2) Publish a mail server with Exchange: with an MX record

smtp. mycompany.it

3) Let me be the network ammistrator my name is Marc Brawn and register the domain marcbrawn.it, in a maintainer.

if I go to write the command prompt

nslookup-type = MX marcbrown.it

in response I have for example;

Server: server01.mycompany.it

address: a private address

smtp. mycompany.it internet address = address public

smtp. mycompany.it internet address = address public

If I ping www.marcbrown.it i receive a public address ...... and if I do nslookup for that address in response I receive exchangebanner.aruba.it(aruba is a manatainer of marc brown)

It 's a curiosity more than anything, I'd like to understand what could be do with this configuration..

With that configuration Marc Brawn can use Corporate Exchange server to publish a private mail server so send message to domain marcbrown.it??

ps: if you can help MarcBrown was also in the forwarders tab of DNS
      Last edited by Sembee; 16th September 2010, 23:30.

Comment

I'm still having trouble trying to work out exactly what we're trying to acheive here.

Could you give me the real actual domain names, I might understand more ?

In a way, I can understand why you tried avoid the domain names being made public, but really, they are already public..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

i would like to know if it's possible that a network administrator can use a corporate exchange server to send mail to a private domain....and what he has to do....

Comment

No reason why not -- just set the private domain as an accepted one then set it up to pass on emails that do not match a local recipient to the private server(cant remember the exact term used, but its one of the options you can set).

A more important question is WHY -- it does not seem professional and could be a security threat (journal all email to the private server for example).
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X