• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Route email for different domain to internal server

I'm missing something here for sure.

Setup is as follows

We are a child domain with our own email address, Domain owner uses

We have recently moved from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 in preparation for migrating to Office 365. We have 3 mailbox servers all Server 2010 in the same admin group. THe old Exchnage 2003 servers are all in their own Admin Group separate from the 2010 servers.

I need to move public folders from our old Exchange Server 2003 box to Exchange 2010.

Right clicked on Public Folder instances and selected Move Public Folder Replicas.

All emails are being sent to a address and it is essentially trying to traverse the WAN connection rather than a VPN connection.

Steps I've taken

Created a new Internet Mail Connector to send all email via a smart host for the said domain, I followed Sembee's article from here and have it setup exactly as stated. however the email for the address is going out via the smart host we have for everything else.

Costs have been adjusted to 1 for the new Internet Mail group and 10 for the old one.

Ay ideas??

Sigh this thing has been bugging me for ages and it turns out all I needed was a new RGC from the old server to the new server, as its in a different Admin Group, and voila messages start flowing correctly.

Well done!
      But why not cello or double bass
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

It didn't make the right tune :P