​Microsoft Exchange error message when deleting mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Microsoft Exchange error message when deleting mail

I tried deleting an email from my Inbox (under my ME MAPI account), and I got the following message:

"The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

My Internet connection wasn't down, but it was lagged from some network activity at the time.

So retry when Exchange is showing as connected (not the same as not having an internet connection)
    What client (outlook?) are you using?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

- Stop the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Stop-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.
      - Browse to where the database files are located on the disk. Along with the database file, you will see a folder with “CatalogData-random string” as its name. Delete this folder, which stores the corrupt index.
      - Restart the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Start-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.
      - Give it a minute and a new folder will be created and a new index will be built.
      If you are still experiencing the issue read comments here [MOD EDIT Irrelevant commercial link deleted]
      Last edited by Ossian; 31st August 2015, 07:20.

Comment

Given the OP is posting in the Exchange 2000/2003 forum, powershell is unlikely to be the solution. Nor is doing anything on the server side at this stage.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...angesvrclients

Comment

Working...
          X