No announcement yet.

EMail attachment and mobile phones

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMail attachment and mobile phones

I am using Exchange 2003 SP2 and have OWA and OMA installed. I am trying to get a Nokia E72 to accept emails with attachments. So far it will connect to the Exchange server and download email but if there is an attachment it does not come through with the email.

I have read some articles saying OMA does not support attachments, is this correct?

The phone is using the Nokia Exchnage sync software that comes with the phone.
    The same phone will download attachments from my Tiscali email account.

Can anyone help?

Re: EMail attachment and mobile phones

maybe this will help;
    Steven Roberts
    IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

OMA is not ActiveSync.

OMA is the plain text version of OWA, which you browse to. I believe that doesn't support attachments as it is designed to be viewed on a basic browser.

ActiveSync on the server does support attachments, up to a certain size. Whether Nokia have implemented it in their version of the ActiveSync client I do not know.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Thanks for the replies. I've done some more digging and it seems that there is an error in the certificate chain that could be clouding the issue.