No announcement yet.

Email Distribution list

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Distribution list

Hi All,

This may be a rather simple thing for you all, but I have been assigned this task. I have been asked to create a list of all the sales people of all the branches into one category so that email could be sent to all the sales people at once instead of selecting each email address individually. I browsed Google and found the distribution list concept.

can you please put a little more light of how do i achieve this.

Re: Email Distribution list

Hi Hyderabad,

Just pop into Active Directory and create a new group. On the type, just make sure it is distribution.

The go into the properties of the group and add the members, either individually or by group, to the newly created group.

Good luck

Steven Roberts
    IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Re: Email Distribution list

To ensure the group can be used by Exchange, you need to use ADUC on the Exchange server to create the group. If you use ADUC on a domain controller without the Exhcange management tools installed, then the group will not be mail enabled.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.