TWO DOMAINS in ONE EXCHANGE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWO DOMAINS in ONE EXCHANGE

Good day to you all. Thanks for this site.

This is my setup:
    I have an existing domain (angfe.com) and is hosted to my exchange 2003 server, running smoothly. Users can connect remotely using OWA..
    My exchange server is configured to as mailbag, meaning all messages reside on the server not on the workstation..

Im using Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.

This is my question:
    1.) I need to transfer a domain (landagan.com) which is hosted from an ISP, to my existing exchange 2k3 server where the angfe.com resides.

2.)Kindly help me on the procedures, what to do and stuff..

Your help are very much APPRECIATED.. thank you..so much..

Regards,
    angfe
    Death can always take life from you but never will it take away what you've created in life

Re: TWO DOMAINS in ONE EXCHANGE

Get your ISP to setup MX records for the new Domain to mirror that of your old domain (i.e. Point to your exch server).

Then on your exchange server setup your recipient policies to handle the new domain name, this can also be used to propgate the additional email address to each user if you wish).

Job Done.
    topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

What about mailbox storage, the new domain should have a mailbox storage..
      Im using only Exchange 2k3 standard ed

Thank you.

Comment

Since you are using Exch 2003 Standard you can't create any additional privates stores.

But it's OK to use your current store, you can create additional mailboxes or depeding on your integration your existing users may just require additional email address for the new domain but still using their existing mailboxes.

topper
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
        X