No announcement yet.

OWA Distribution List

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA Distribution List

Our company is in the process of moving from Imail Server (Pop3) to Exchange 2003. We currently have only about 30 of our 900 users on Exchange and don't anticipate ever converting everyone to Exchange. We will continue using this mixed mode.

The problem that I have is that our users who use OWA can only see Exchange users in the Global Address List. Can I configure OWA to do an LDAP query of all users in AD who have an email address, or is there another way to do this?

I added another address list using an query of all users with an email address ending with ".com" because we have multiple domain names. The seemed to work for OWA, but if Outlook/Exchange users selected someone from this new address list, Exchange would return the following message.

" The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email system of the recipient.
    <exchange.xxxxxxx.local #5.1.2>"

We fixed this issue by removing the newly created address list, but now the OWA people can't search and find anyone without an Exchange account.
    There has to be a relatively simple solution to this. I'd appreciate any help.