No announcement yet.

Issues with GAL with IMAP4 account

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with GAL with IMAP4 account

I am new to server 2003 and Ex svr2003 and woking in vmware. I have installed everything successfully and working fine but when i configured outlook 2002 with exchange server settings it works fine and i can see GAL in my addressbook but when i configure with IMAP4 in OL2002 i did not see GAL.

Is there anything with regards to LDAP configuration?? if so then please help me.
    Second thing is i cannot see junk email folder and when i try to delete the email it just marks the email and do not remove from the inbox.

I also have the same issue of GAL in OU express under the configuration POP3.
    your help will be appreciated.
    Thank you

Re: Issues with GAL with IMAP4 account

Why are you using IMAP with Outlook and Exchange?
    You don't have to use IMAP, as Outlook natively connects to Exchange 2003.

GAL is an Exchange feature. Therefore when you use IMAP Outlook doesn't know you are using Exchange and therefore you have to add an address book. If you are looking to connect to Exchange over the Internet without the need for a VPN, then you are going to have to expose your domain controller to the Internet so that LDAP can be read. That is a major security risk.

Your best option would be to move to Outlook 2003 so that you can use RPC over HTTPS. If you have the Exchange 2003 server licenced correctly then you can use Outlook 2003.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.