Forwarding from Exchange

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forwarding from Exchange

Hey guys and gals,

The simple:
    I am asking for your opinion on the best way to forward mailboxes in Exchange 2003 to another mailbox.

The details:
    We are migrating from our Exchange 2003 box to [email protected] and would like to know what your opinion on the best way to forward emails is. I know of a way to created a mail enabled contact, then forward the mail to the contact, etc. Is there another way? Is there an easier way? Is there a harder way that can be made easier with the subtle application of ice cream and unicorn horns? We are migrating about 600 users. Currently our ILM server is set up and working, with about 50 or so users synced and working. However the ILM server can take up to 10-15 minutes to show new mails, which has been pointed out to us by our loving end users who are not happy with the delay. Thus I am trying to find out the best way to just forward the emails instead of letting a sync do the job.

Also understand that I am not asking for details on HOW to do anything. I am just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
    Two things:
    1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
    2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Re: Forwarding from Exchange

If you want to forward mail from the mailboxes, then contact is the only way.
    Otherwise you would have to strip the mailbox information from each account and then use the delivery unknown recipients to option. However for anyone on the old system who hasn't been migrated, they most likely wouldn't see the users in the GAL, and their nicknames file would be useless.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.