Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webmail exchange 2003 doesnt work after server sp2 install

Hello,
    Last night I ran the windows sp2 install on my front end and backend exch 2003 servers. today I have users telling me they canít get to the webmail login page. I checked and IIS services are started. The error I am getting is IE cannot display the webpage, I am running a mix of Ie8 and Ie7 on some users. Mailbox stores are up and running, email is flowing.. any suggestions..???

Exchange 2003
    Windows 2003 standard sp2
    Front end server
    Back end server
    Attached Files

Re: webmail exchange 2003 doesnt work after server sp2 install

Lots and lots to check here.

Have you been into IIS and browsed directly from there? You need to resolve this by a process of elmination.

First thing to check is IIS itself. The services may well be started, but is the default web page started?

Has something else decided to start on 80/443 and you may not be using host headers? What port does OWA run on? Will it only allow SSL? What happens when you remove "require SSL" and log on via port 80?

Check website has started, if not try and start it and look at the error.

If website has started, try and right click it and "browse" - what are the results?

Problem is 95% an IIS one, not so much an Exchange one.

Let me know your results.

Ste
    Steven Roberts
    IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

STE,
      Sooooo uhmmm... i guess i should have cheked the IIS services on my FE server..... they were stopped.. dum..dumm.. i started them and gues what is working now....

man i have to say i first checked the services wihtin IIS and they didnt show naything. I logged off and back into the seever then went to IIS and thats when i saw the red X... ugh....

Comment

No problem, glad everything is working now
        Steven Roberts
        IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Working...
        X