Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is moving my exchange mailboxes

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me with my question.
    Hope it is easy, so here goes.

I work at a company with around 2000 users.
    Recently it was decided to place users in mailstores based on mailbox size.
    So users with mailboxes up to 250 MB in store 1, users with mailboxes from 250 to 750 in store 2 and so on.

I am in the process of moving mailboxes and keeping track of my progress, but I notished that mailboxes appear to be moving between stores.
    For example: Store 1 was completely sorted and every mailbox in this store was below 250 MB. When I review the store I find something like 20 mailboxes with a size above 250 MB. I is inpossible that the mailboxes grew that fast because some mailboxes are more than 750 MB. My conclusion is that something is moving the mailboxes.

Cannot find what is doing this so I hope somebody here can help me understand this.

thx,

Peter

Re: What is moving my exchange mailboxes

things don't move by themselves.

Did you apply limits to the new store, preventing the mailboxes from growing above 250MB ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Yes I did, but because I have not completely finished moving the mailboxen there are also user based limits in place. So the users in question do not receive a notification that the mailbox size is over the limit.

Old situation:

Limits set on the users mailbox

Steps to get to new situation

1. Create policies and connect them to the correct mailstore
      2. Move mailboxen to the correct mailstore
      2. remove limits from all mailboxes at once (ADModify)

Comment

alright. couple of questions.

1. Are you certain that noone else has the relevant access to move mailboxes
        2. did you keep a list of the mailboxes you moved
        3. is the number of mailboxes equivalent to the number you moved

if the number is equivalent, and you kept a list, then go through the list, and ensure that the mailboxes on the new group match the list you compiled.

if there are mailboxes that aren't on your list, then someone else is also moving mailboxes.
        If all the mailboxes on your list are on the storage group,. then it's simply that those mailboxes have grown.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I think you're misconstruing things. You're assuming that because the store has a mailbox limit of 250MB, and that because you found a mailbox that was over 250MB, that someone or something must have moved it there.

The question is: Can you confirm that a specific mailbox that you know to be in one store has in fact been moved to another store?

Comment

Working...
          X