Outlook/Exchange 2003 delayed emails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook/Exchange 2003 delayed emails

We have a number of people that utilise the outlook 'delayed' option so emails get set overnight.

Usually the bcc content is approx 500 addresses in batches of 2 to 6.

On numerous occasions when the user opens Outlook the following morning, the 1st two batches have been sent, leaving the others stuck in the outbox.

Would appreciate some suggestions.

Btw, is there anywhere in system manager that shows the delayed mails for users once Outlook is closed?

Thanks

Re: Outlook/Exchange 2003 delayed emails

Client side only.
    Delayed mails sit in Outlook so if it is closed, they will not send until re-opened
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

have you tried this recently ossian ? cause i have a vague recollection of being able to close outlook..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Tried it the other day with Outlook 2007 (And Exchange 2007, but AFAIK both work the same)
        Will try just now with 2010 --- get "items in your outbox message" when I close so suspect it is still the same. Update in 5 mins

OK, nothing through 3 mins after due delivery time. Re-opened outlook, still in outbox -- delivered a few seconds later
        Last edited by Ossian; 24th June 2010, 07:15.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ok cool.. I thought i'd done it before. Guess not
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I can assure you that delayed emails works fine when Outlook is closed, our problem is that some batches are not sending.

Comment

Working...
            X