No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 URL change

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 URL change

Dear Techies,

i have exchange 2003 front end and back end in my environment. My exchange Environment is configured and my OWA URL is Recently i have changed Default Domain to Recipient Policy and i updated that policy to all users. Everything is going fine users are able to receive mails to new default domain.

Now i want to change OWA URL to Is their any way to change Exchange 2003 OWA URL with new Default domain name space.

Thanks in Advance,

Any Immediate will be Highly Appreciated.

Re: Exchange 2003 URL change

just register and then see if that works... ?

of course, if you're using SSL, you will almost certainly need a new certificate.....
    and if you're using multiple public IPs, you may need to forward a new port through your firewall,
    and if you have a specific host header in use, you may need to modify that...

quickest and easiest way to test, would be to edit C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and add a new hosts entry:

on your computer, and test it out. This way, you avoid making major changes unless it works...

you'll need to give us some more info about your site if you need more indepth advice
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Exchange 2003 URL change

Exchange 2003 doesn't care what URL that you use to access it, as long as it has /exchange on the end.
      Therefore the only thing you may have to do, as already indicated, is to change the SSL certificate.

However if you are using something like ISA server to publish it, then it may well have more of an effect, but that is a different question altogether.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.