No announcement yet.

1 hour later mail arrives

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 hour later mail arrives

I have a client thats has a SBS 2003 box and they are using exchange with a Cisco IronPort C150 for Spam. When they recieve emails from people outside the company it takes 1 hour for the email to get to the Cisco IronPort then to exchange then delivered to that users email account in Outlook. I am wondering if there is a way to find out where the emails are going before going to the IronPort. I am not sure if there is a way to do this but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Josh

Re: 1 hour later mail arrives

Are you saying there is about a 1 hour delay in incoming mails before they arrive at your Ironport?

If so, IMHO it is not your problem -- email has never been an "instant" service

You can check the headers to see the time the message passed through various servers but you have no control over it.

If the delay is after it arrives on your side, see which device is causing it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **