Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Trying to restore mailboxes with Backup Exec 10d

Hi Everyone,

I've done something stupid and setup a recipient policy that permenently deleted everyone's Sent Items. Now I want to recover all that data. I have a full backup. I'm running Exchange 2003. I don't do brick level backup, and I don't have a Recovery Storage Group. What I do have is the Information Store backed up with Backup Exec 10d.

Here's my process:

1. Deleted the errant recipient policy
    2. Unmounted the mailbox and public folders
    3. Made sure "This Database can be overwritten by restore" is checked
    4. Restored with Backup Exec 10d. I restored the Information Store, and BE said 'successful"
    5. Rebooted the Server.

My Problem: All the sent items are still missing from everyone's mailbox.

Any suggestions? Thank you for any help.

Tim

Re: Error: Trying to restore mailboxes with Backup Exec 10d

When were the sent items deleted? When was the backup taken? What is the deleted items retention set to?

Comment

The Recipient Policy deleted the Sent Items, then deleted the Deleted Items, so honestly I don't know where they would be now.
      A Full backup was done last night and the policy ran this morning, so I would have to think that the full backup would have these files.
      Thanks!
      -Tim

Comment

Thanks joeqwerty for your help. I was able to get this resolved. After installing the Deleted Items recovery on the client machines, I've been able to restore everyone's sent items. YAAAAAAY. Thanks again!

Comment

Glad to help, although I didn't provide a whole lot of assistance. Good job on your part.

Comment

Working...
          X