No announcement yet.

outlook 03 inbox emails (data) emails are missing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook 03 inbox emails (data) emails are missing

I have a sbs server 2003 with exchange 2003. One of the he users got a new pc, after I setup her email (outlook 03) on the new system I noticed that her inbox emails (data) are missing, however sent folder, contact, and calendar and all seemed to be fine.

I thought the profile was corrupted. I setup her up on a different pc, still the same everything shows up on the local pc expect the inbox.

Sent a new test message to the user, received the new message in her inbox no problem, but all the old emails still missing. The OST file is not corrupt otherwise we would see no data

Restarted the server still the same.

Setup other users on new pcs the same day on the same server no problems

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by samjacob; 29th May 2010, 15:03. Reason: title change

Re: outlook 03 inbox emails (data) emails are missing

Primary test is to confirm whether the email is in OWA.
    If it is not, then the messages are not in Exchange, they are elsewhere, probably a PST file somewhere. A common cause is a POP3 client configured to access the account, which of course would only remove email from the inbox, not any other folder.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: outlook 03 inbox emails (data) emails are missing

Thanks for your help Sambee, you were right. I checked the users old PC, the mail was saved in a pst folder not in the Mailbox. I moved it to the Mailbox were it should be.