No announcement yet.

Exchange Journal Envelope Reversal?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Journal Envelope Reversal?

At work we do email journaling with envelope option. So, when I open the journal account, all emails are technically attachments I drill down into, then I see the real email. Normally, this is a great way to ensure all data is captured. (I probably just explained something that didn't need explaining in this forum.)

To complete a special research project, I need to take about 2 months worth of archive journal email (copied into a working .pst), and pull it out of all of those envelopes and turn it into a "normal looking" email box so it can be manipulated by a product (and or non-technical person) that will only work with the original emails.

Anybody know of a way to extract all of these emails at once, rather than opening each envelope and dragging the .msg out?

I thought of an attachment remover, which will pull all of the .msg files, but then I need a way to import them all at once into the working .pst.

Thanks in advance

Re: Exchange Journal Envelope Reversal?

The only way I can think would be to use a product that can manage those messages for you - such as GFI Mail Archiver, then extract from there. I am not aware of anything native that can work with those messages.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.