Activesync help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activesync help

Upgraded to exchange 2003 about a year ago and at the time had Activesync working with samsung flip phone. Now with newer phones all it states is user doesn't have access and AD has everything enabled. Don't know where else to looik for that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm close to the point of reinstalling exchange...

BTW if I did choose to do that is there a way to just reinstall the iis part?

Re: Activesync help

Every problem should have relevant error messages. In your case too. Saying "it doesn't work" doesn't really help us in our job of trying to help you.

Get back to us with some substantial erro messages, event ids, some troubleshooting steps you took, and we'll go on from there.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

That's one of my main problems I'm not seeing a lot of definite error messages or id's... I turned logging on maxium for the active sync and still do not recieve anything. As for IIS logfiles it just shows an access error. However, when I check the access everything seems to be correct. I've really been going in circles on this one and really ready to cut and start over. Their were a few changes to the IIS configuration, but it worked after those changes were made. However, I'm one of three people with access to make changes.

Is there a way to default exchange back to its vanilla installation with out loosing mail?

I have also went as far as setting up a bridge head and routed the traffic to it with the same issue of "user does not have access contact administrator".

I know its still very vague but everything I read simply sayes install exchange and it works... Is there a query I can run against AD to see if a user really has access to do activesync?

Sorry for the length...

Comment

Ok, so when you say "activesync" I presume you're talking about the ability for the user to sync their mbx via network/wireless/internet. Right?

What about OMA? Does that work for the same user/devide combination? Did you try to create a new virtual directory under the default website and point it to ActiveSync ? (just make sure you do it from ESM, not from IIS)
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Yes, I have some folks that would love to have their email sync with their phone while on the road.

Oma works fine. I have also tried to create another VD and still have the same responce.

I'm really starting to feel inept at this point...

Comment

Ok, did you by any chance convert the server to DC, or, if it was already DC, did you demote it to member server?
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

No nothing out of the normal.

TBRPMX01
              W23 SP1
              Exchange 2003 SP1
              Backend Server

TBRPMX02
              W23 SP1
              Exchange 2003 SP1
              Frontend Server

Native 2003 AD
              Native 2003 Exchange

No DMZ DC's and Exchange servers are on the same subnet.

I know its false hope, but maybe SP2 for exchange may help things....

Comment

Let's go on. If you connect direcly to the back-end can you snc?
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

No. it states that the user does not have access. Any user including the Domain Administrator.

Comment

Ok, so you say you've created a new virtual directory from ESM, pointed out to the ActiveSync. Did you also make the changes in the registry?

See step 18 and beyond:

http://www.petri.com/problems_with_f...activesync.htm
                    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I'll retry setting up another vd and follow your guid and see what happens.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X