Unable to un-install Exchange 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to un-install Exchange 2000

We have a mixed Ex2000 and Ex2007 environment and we are now starting the decommission of our Ex2000 environment but we have hit a snag when we have tried to uninstall exchange from our front end server

The person who set this up no longer works here, and they locked the box down for security reasons, we have no idea what they did but its an Win2K box.

When I try to remove exchange I get the following error:

Code:
    The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because:

- Setup is unable to access the Windows 2000 Active Directory
    - Failed to conact the Schema Master server for this Active Directory forest
    This box is on our domain, I have logged in with our schema master account, I can ping the domain, the schema master can ping the server.

So I am not sure what I can do to get this removed?

Any help is appricated

Thanks

Dave

Re: Unable to un-install Exchange 2000

Is your front end server on your internal LAN or DMZ? If it's in the DMZ the required ports may not be opened for it to communicate with the domain.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
      Is your front end server on your internal LAN or DMZ? If it's in the DMZ the required ports may not be opened for it to communicate with the domain.

Michael
      Hi,

Yes it did sit in our DMZ however, we have brought it into our main network, to do the removal

Dave

Comment

I was thinking If it's been sitting in the DMZ with no connectivity back to a DC to update it's computer account it could have lost membership to the domain. You could try removing it from the domain, resetting the computer account and adding it back - Not too sure what impact this would have on the exchange environment.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X