No announcement yet.

Old OOF Autoreplies being received by user

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old OOF Autoreplies being received by user

I have a end user who received something like 60+ Out Of Office AutoReply messages in his inbox today. No rhyme or reason as to why. These OOF messages are as much as two months old.

We are running Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 in a strictly Citrix 4.5 environment. We do have Blackberry devices in the organization.

I have asked if this user has a laptop and I am told they do not. I have asked if this user could, at any time, used Outlook externally and possibly synced a cached copy of his email to the server; I am told no.

The only thing I can think is that this user may have had these OOF's on their phone and sync'd their phone. Something may have been buggered on their phone.

Is there anything else I need to check or anything else I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Re: Old OOF Autoreplies being received by user

Have these OOTO messages come from other people? They have certainly got stuck somewhere, but I have never known a cluster of them to appear all at once.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Old OOF Autoreplies being received by user

Can you compare the message id i mean if you have more than one oof from same user, do message tracking to get the message id and compare.

Thank you
      Thanks & Regards

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points