Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distribution lists not receiving any messages, no error, no message in any qeues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distribution lists not receiving any messages, no error, no message in any qeues

Hi,

My Exchange 2003 SP 1 on Windows Server 2003 SP 1 is acting strange.

When ever I send messages to a DL, they dissapears. No members of the DL receivies the message. (I get no NDR). If I Expand the DL in Outlook I can see all members. If I expand the DL in the To: field in a message, all members are expanded and I can send the message.

Is this garble between Exchange and AD?

Re: Distribution lists not receiving any messages, no error, no message in any qeues

Can you check please if the DL have mail address?
    Is all the DC's are GC's or you seperate the infra FSMO server from GC ?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Re: Distribution lists not receiving any messages, no error, no message in any qeues

All DL have email addresses.

Not sure what you mean, but DCdiag and ADdiag not returning any errors regarding to GC roles.

Comment

DLs can be configured to accept messages from everyone (that's the default setting) or they can be configured to accept message from certain users or DLs only. did you check that?
        Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

I checked that.

If that setting is enabled you get a NDR saying that you not have permissions to send to this recipient.

Comment

sorry, my bad. didn't pay attention to your comment above about being able to send when you expand the whole DL.
            Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Working...
            X