Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forward mail from (olddomain.com) to (newdomain.com)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward mail from (olddomain.com) to (newdomain.com)

Hey guys,

We've configured a new domain and exchange server for this new domain. We want to forward all the mail for all users from the old domain to the new one. The new domain rejects the mail that is forwarded from the old domain exchange server.

We go into the OWA and setup a rule to foward all mail to new domain.com. Here is the msg we get:

"This is the mail delivery agent at messagelabs.com. I was unable to deliver your message to the following addresses. <[email protected]>
    207.250.xx.xx does not like the recipient."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Forward mail from (olddomain.com) to (newdomain.com)

What version of Exchange? If 2007, see this article from your favourite website

http://www.petri.co.il/configure-exchange-2007-recieve-email-other-domains.htm

(i.e. you will want your new domain mail server to accept mail for two domains).
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
      What version of Exchange? If 2007, see this article from your favourite website

http://www.petri.co.il/configure-exchange-2007-recieve-email-other-domains.htm

(i.e. you will want your new domain mail server to accept mail for two domains).
      Thanks for the reply.

Actually I need to be more clear. Not all users are being moved. We are spinning off a new domain for a division of our company. So only certain users are being moved.

Here is what I know so far:

1) No users on (olddomain.com) can email users on the new domain. They get the error in the previous post.
      2) So when I forward the email address to the newdomain.com exchange server, they always get kicked back.
      3) The underlying issue is that no users from (olddomain.com exchange) can email the newdomian.com exchange. But others outside can email the new domain.com exchange. Yahoo, google, other companies, etc...

Is something preventing olddomain.com exchange from emailing the newdomain.com? Firewall etc? The new domain.com exchange is 2010 the old is 2007.

Comment

Sorry. I misunderstood. So is ltc-r.com your new domain? And is 207.250.x.x the address of your new exchange server?

I assume your old domain is sending the email out through the Internet, so emails all go to messagelabs, and that your old domain and new domain are not on the same LAN, is that right?
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
          Sorry. I misunderstood. So is ltc-r.com your new domain? And is 207.250.x.x the address of your new exchange server?

I assume your old domain is sending the email out through the Internet, so emails all go to messagelabs, and that your old domain and new domain are not on the same LAN, is that right?
          Thank you, I'm not very clear on here.. working to get better!

LTC-r.com is the new domain

Olddomain.com is the 207.250.x.x (this address is from Milwaukee where the olddomain.com is located).

They are not on the same LAN

I can email the newdomain.com from any where (yahoo, gmail, other domains, etc.) other than the old domain.

It's blown my mind...

I go in and forward all the mailboxes that need to go to the new domain. I have created new users (from the old users) on the new domain. They receive mail from anywhere other than the old domain.

something is blocking it.. I also realize that I put this in the wrong section on the website.. sorry about that...
          Last edited by double0seven; 14th April 2010, 17:19. Reason: spelling

Comment

In that case, I d not understand the Messagelabs error, to paraphrase it would be:

"This is the mail delivery agent at messagelabs.com. I was unable to deliver your message to the following addresses. <[email protected]>
            olddomain.com's IP address does not like the recipient."

So I am wondering why Messagelabs would say that the olddomain's ip address does not like the recipient. Perhaps you can call messagelabs (as you have a contract with them) and ask them to clarify this error message, because it seems to point to something on the old domain that is preventing mailflow rather than the new domain.

Also can you setup an MX record on your olddomain to point to the new domain so that email from the old domain does not flow through messagelabs, it flows directly to newdomain - is that possible to do? I confess it is not somethign I have ever done so maybe someone else can shed a better light on what is happening here.
            Best wishes,
            PaulH.

Comment

Working...
            X