Script to Restore E2K3 Database

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script to Restore E2K3 Database

In today's environment, I've got scheduled tasks that backup each of our storage groups (some of which have multiple DBs). When I want to restore a database to our DR box, I have to do it manually.

Is there any way I can create a script (batch file maybe) to cycle through my backup files (.bkf), restore one of the databases within to a Recovery Storage Group, let me run eseutil (I can already do this from a batch file), then remove the DB and RSG and move on to the next DB?

Re: Script to Restore E2K3 Database

Anyone know if this is even possible? Maybe I should post in the scripting forum.

Comment

Please dont bounce your posts (or double post)

IMHO, given that you should only be restoring occasionally, manually will be fine, but you can get utilities that record key/mouse actions and they should do what you want
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What if I want to restore regularly? Say...for testing purposes?

Comment

see second part of my post above

But how regularly will you be doing this?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'd say once at least once a month. Don't you need to install an interpreter for those macro creators? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I try hard to minimize the number of applications installed on a server.

Comment

Working...
            X