Deleted SMTP connector but still routed through it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted SMTP connector but still routed through it

We had some issues with spam, so created a smtp connector to clean up the queue.

Problem is, after i deleted the smtp connector and restated the smtp virtual server, all queues have "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt" error.
    I can telnet to each of the domains and send successfully, so no ports are blocked

I noticed in our firewall that the exchange server is still trying to connect to the IP I set for the smtp connector, even though it is already deleted.

I search the registry but there is no key for smtp connectors.

Any idea what I should do?

Thanks.

Re: Deleted SMTP connector but still routed through it

created new connector to use DNS to route but still shows up on firewall as exchange trying to connect to 99.99.99.99 when processing queue.
    I can do nslookup and ping each domain so it is doing DNS resolution correctly.

Comment

Used Metabase explorer and found entry for the 99.99.99.99 under smtpsvc. Deleted and it is working fine now.

Comment

Well done, thanks for posting back
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X