Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 5.5 Mailbox restore

Morning all,

I know this isn't a Exchange 2000 question but thought I would post it anyway if someone can help at all.

We have a exchange 5.5 machine running on a windows 2000 server and a mailbox was deleted by accident but have a full tape backup etc. We used Veritas 8.6 to backup the mailboxes but I am having a problem restoring the mailbox. I have re created the users mailbox in exchange the way it was and when I try to restore I am getting access denied messages.

I have tried re directing the restore to a new temp mailbox but that also fails.

Has anyone got anything that could help me?

Thanks,
    Si
    Kind Regards,
    Simon

Re: Exchange 5.5 Mailbox restore

No RSG in 5.5 so I think the only way is to build a totally new Exchange organisation and restore there

You could have a look at OnTrack's PowerControls -- expensive but worth it -- there is a "read only" demo version to try before you buy

But why are you still using a product that must be approaching 15 years old and is 5 versions behind the current one?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Exchange 5.5 Mailbox restore

Hi,

I have managed to restore it ok.

There was a missing file that is used to restore mailboxes. It was Esebcli2.dll copied this file into the bin directory and created a reg key for it and boom it's now restoring the mailbox!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275676 i know it says for 2000 but it was missing for my 5.5 install.

Thanks for your advice!

Si
      Kind Regards,
      Simon

Comment

Working...
      X