Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate enableing of 509 accounts with external SMTP Addresses

Hi All,

Windows 2003 Domain with Exchange 2003 SP2 and domain and forest functional levels set to 2003 native.

We have just created 509 new account with external Email addresses. Anyone know of an automated way to mail enable these accounts so they appear within the GAL. I'm not too keen on right clicking on all 509 accounts and selecting Exchange Tasks etc etc. All accounts have been set-up with the mail attribute already entered. Just need to enable the exchange side of thigs.

Thanks

Michael
    Last edited by m80arm; 31st March 2010, 19:41.
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Automate enableing of 509 accounts with external SMTP Addresses

A starting point here: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/S...DSI-Part2.html (script to create and mail enable a user)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I've already imported the users using a .csv file. I'll try and butcher this to see if I can get it to work. I'm not the best script monkey around

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You should be able to re-use your CSV file to get the users from AD and then just do the second bit...

I think this is one for REMS!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Joe Richardson saves the day again:

ExchMbx

http://www.joeware.net/freetools/too...hmbx/index.htm

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Good find!
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X