No announcement yet.

GAL Sync

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAL Sync

I have a project and I'm not sure what the best way to tackle it is.

We've recently gained a controlling stake in another company. Now our CFO wants to use Outlook 2003 within our domain to access the GAL and calendar information for this other company's users.

I assume a forest trust will do the trick, but I'm not sure that's the best option because lots more "stuff" goes on than just GAL and calendar info moving around.

What do you think?

Re: GAL Sync

Well, I've learned something. We have two problems.

HQ = Exchange 2003
    Office1 = Mystery POP3 server, no linked calendars
    Office2 = Something called Zimbra

Any ideas on how we can link these three offices so we can do e-mail and calendar lookups?

Re: GAL Sync

I would explore IIFP which is a cut down version of MIIS. It can be quite a complex tool to use though and will involve an element of coding. This though will only allow you to sync AD information. In regards to calenders and colloboration the boundary exists at the Exchange organisation level irrespective of a cross forest trust. The only way to do this succesfully would be to use the cross forest trust to migrate the mailbox's into the target organisation. As for the mailbox's using Zimbra (which is an odd choice as its proprietary and a Linux MTA..) you will have to export the mailbox data and merge this into an exchange mailbox. The Mailmig wizard is very robust though and will allow you to merge POP3 and IMAP extensions.