Missing items when using cache mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing items when using cache mode

Running Exchange 2000 (latest SP and Patches)
    Clientmachine using Outlook 2003.

When user is not using cached mode - everything is ok. He sees all the items. But when I enter cache mode and the system builds the OST, there is a whole chunk of sent items (about a month) that's missing.

Deleting the OST and creating it again returns the same result and it seems like the missing chunk is always in the same spot.

Through Excha admin = the mailbox is about 1.6 GB. (so i don't think it's size related...)

Any ideas?
    Visit iCount
    Visit MSEC
    Visit LCS-GUIDES.COM
    Visit Melariche

Re: Missing items when using cache mode

Turns out that Symantec has a problem letting OST's contain attachments that are viruses. No matter what you do - even if you have the damn thing set to delete everything it wants - synchronizing will stop at the infected message and will not continue.

I had to disable the AV both on the client machine AND on the server (server = symantec for exchange) and then restart Outlook on the client machine so that it resyncs.

So far there are no solutions available anywhere and symantec (according to some guy who had the same prob I do) are saying that the only solution is to NOT use cached mode...

Give me a break...

I have had it up to here with symantec.

I think I am going to switch to Trend Micro.
    Anyone got anything bad to say about them before I buy?

M.
    Visit iCount
    Visit MSEC
    Visit LCS-GUIDES.COM
    Visit Melariche

Comment

Working...
    X