No announcement yet.

Public folder and GAL problems migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchnage 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public folder and GAL problems migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchnage 2003

I have a windows 2000 DC running exchange 2000.
    Sometime ago I introduced a windows 2003 server and installed Exchange 2003 as a second Exchange Server. I moved all the mailboxes onto the 2003 Exchange server and everything appeared fine.

In Jnauary I started the process of upgrading my network to 2008, I installed a 2008 DC into the network and transferred all the master roles.

I am now trying to move all the public folders to the Exchange 2003 server. I have setup replication but when I attempt to veiw the properites on the 2003 server I get an error. After reading several threads I have attempted to replicate the system folders (Offline Addresslist etc.) but when I view the sync details it says that the 2003 server has been modified locally. When I connect to the 2003 server, there are no system folders listed.

Also since introducing the 2008 DC new user accounts do not appear in the GAL.

I'm sure that the two issues are related.

Thanks for your help
    Mark

Re: Public folder and GAL problems migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchnage 2003

Looks like your Recipient Update Services stopped working, normally you should have two one as the Enterprise RUS and one for the domain.

Try switching the involved server to the new one means use your new Exchange 2003 and your W2008 DC, make sure your W2008 DC also acts as a Global Catalog server as well.

Restart the System Attendant service on the new E2003 server after the switch (as a mark this means a interuption in Exchange service since all Exchange services depends on the System Attendant).

After the switch is done right click the RUS and select "Update now" (or something similar to this sorry no E2003 server here and can't remember exactly).

After this the Public Information store on the new E2003 server should have a eMail address and you can resynchronize the hierarchy and replicate then the content.

Comment

Re: Public folder and GAL problems migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchnage 2003

Hi,

Thanks for your help, I had done most of what you suggested already which hadn't worked.

However, I have resolved the problem. It was an IIS issue with the way we had configured sharepoint on the same machine.

Thanks again.
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X