Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on DL / Mailbox setup for a phone list based on AD information

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using a nice neat ASP page to display relevant information about AD user acccounts in the format of a company phone listing e.g. the page has column names are "Office Name Phone Fax Mobile Title Department " and the code reads from the respective attributes in AD for each user where department and office = "something"

I'm on Exchange 2003 Mixed Mode, Windows 2003 native domain.

However when trying to setup a listing for each geographical office, I find that even though I have some Exchange DL's that would be perfect for the job (e.g. "Sydney office") I end up having to create a 'placeholder' mailbox that really does nothing, just so that I can fill in the address, phone, fax etc attributes.
    In fact, to avoid ppl getting confused I call the placeholder "Sydney office - Phonebook entry" and setup Exchange Delivery options so that it forwards to the "sydney office" DL, just in case someone selects that mailbox instead of the DL !!

Can anyone think of a way to apply this information to a DL so that
    a) people could look up this info in the OUTLOOK GAL
    b) i could pull AD attributes like I already do from a mailbox

Cheers
    Last edited by ihayes; 15th February 2010, 10:43.

Re: Advice on DL / Mailbox setup for a phone list based on AD information

Since Dls are just this DLs they normally don't have a phone number or other attributes from mailboxes attached, I can only think of using Custom Attributes. They are shared between mailboxes and DLs so you should be able to create a list based on some Custom Attributes.

Comment

Working...
    X