No announcement yet.

Received mails get uncrypted

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received mails get uncrypted

We have some users who has a problems with emails getting encrypted in some way. The emails are not encrypted when received. When user opens the email the first time, it works fine, but after that the email appear as encrypted (with the icon, content cannot be displayed in reading pane, and error message "Your digital ID name cannot be found by the underlying security system" when you try to double click to open the email. Inserting the card doesn't help at all) and cannot be opened. Reinstalling MPS PKI Toolbox and PKI Basis Client (the programs for PKI) solves the problem, and new emails can after this be opened correctly, but the emails that appeared as encrypted are still not possible to open, regardless if the user has the card inserted or not. Creating a new Outlook-profile doesn't help either.

Not sure what to check so any hints will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by kogar; 25th January 2010, 19:15.

Re: Received mails get uncrypted

I don't think it's a problem of Exchange or Outlook instead I would blame the used PKI software so your best option is the support of the company which produced this product or the service provider which implemented it.

Re: Received mails get uncrypted

Thx...I thought so also but needed a 2nd oppinion