Backup thru Exmerge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup thru Exmerge

Is there an way around by which I can use ex-merge to backup a mailbox larger than 2GB. I read that if a mailbox is larger than 2GB then ex-merge divides it into multiple PST files. but in my case it is not. It simply throws an error and stops.

else let me know if there is any other utility by which I can backup a single users mailbox of 15GB

Re: Backup thru Exmerge

if you have access to the mailbox, you could open it in Outlook and export to PST

There is a way of using exmerge to extract larger mailboxes -- search these forums for a link
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The mailbox belongs to the owner of the company and he is mostly on the move to various destinations around the world. Therefore I have to eliminate the possibility of import/export thru outlook.

Comment

So, with his permission, grant yourself full control of his mailbox and export using Outlook
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          if you have access to the mailbox, you could open it in Outlook and export to PST

There is a way of using exmerge to extract larger mailboxes -- search these forums for a link
          Hi Tom,

I have been searching these forums throughout the whole day but could not find the link to use ex-merge for mailboxes larger than 2gb. I would really be thankful to you if you can you please provide me with the link ?

Comment

Post #3 in this thread:
            http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...hlight=exmerge

All I did was search the forums for "exmerge"
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X