Disconnected Mailbox Retention Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnected Mailbox Retention Policy

I have found some mailboxes on the Exchange server that are marked as disconnected (has an X on it after running the clean up agent), and the user accounts that the mailbox was associated to was deleted a couple of months ago (2-3).

I was under the impression that (by default) Exchange would delete any disconnected mailboxes after 30 days in accordance with the default Retention policy. Is this right?

Checking the mailbox Store properties, on the Limits tab, at the bottom in Deletion Settings, it shows
    Keep deleted items for 30 days
    Keep deleted mailboxes for 30 days.

Am I looking in the right place? If not, can someone point me in the correct place to see the setting for disconnected mailbox retention periods.
    If I am looking in the right place, does anyone know why a disconnected mailbox would stick around?

Appreciate any advice/help/etc.

Re: Disconnected Mailbox Retention Policy

when was the last time you performed a full backup?

under the mailbox store properties have a look if this option is enabled

"do not delete until the store has been backed up". if it is enable i.e. checked then uncheck it.

Freak .............

Comment

Re: Disconnected Mailbox Retention Policy

Originally posted by freakinup4u View Post
      when was the last time you performed a full backup?

under the mailbox store properties have a look if this option is enabled

"do not delete until the store has been backed up". if it is enable i.e. checked then uncheck it.

Freak .............
      Good point, I checked and that setting is not set, and I see that the backup account is the last account to access the mailbox. Asked the Backup/Storage team and full backups are run every Friday night on our Exchange server... It sounds like with all the settings set the way they are the mailbox should be automatically deleted. Of course I could just purge it manually, but being relatively new to the environment (inherited it from the previous admin), I dont want to force a deletion in case there are some retention setting I missed that is in accordance with a regulation.

Comment

Working...
      X