Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.3.5 Looping Error

Hello.

I have a problem that has been driving me mad.

We have Exchange 2003 on a domain email.mydomain.co.uk that handles the emails for mydomain.co.uk. Everything has been working fine until we received a
    5.3.5 "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator"
    NDR message when sending a message to a particular email address. We tried sending to another address on their domain and that did not work either. These people do not have any email problems and everything is working ok for them. I have tried knowledge base articles kb321721 and kb316617 but they have not helped. None of our email addresses can send messages to this domain. We get MSExchangeTransport 3017 events in the application log.

It is strange because everything else is working ok.

Thanks
    Tom
    Last edited by TomMonkey; 17th August 2005, 15:15.

Re: 5.3.5 Looping Error

do you have more then 1 SMTP server ?

Multiple Virtual Servers are using the same IP address and port. See Microsoft TechNet article: 321721 Sharing SMTP. Email probably looping.

or more then one email address
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us/

see the link
    Thanks
    Noam Greenberg
    If you want yo can conntact me at

Comment

Thanks Noam,

No I only have one server. As far as I know ther are no more virtual servers. Is there a way of checking?

Tom

Comment

I've just checked and I only have the default SMTP virtual server. I have not added any more.

Still not sure why this is happening only when we send email to a particular domain.

Comment

Working...
        X