Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot receive emails from out side and internal network in Exchange server 2003 sp2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot receive emails from out side and internal network in Exchange server 2003 sp2

Hi Folks

Since form yesterday my users are not receiving any emails from out and inside the network, but they are sending is fine messages getting delivered to outside domains.

my setup was perfectly working fine since from 2006, I am geting this strange problem since from yesterday , Messages are queued in exchange queue [email protected]

Please help me out where to fix this issue,

Re: Cannot receive emails from out side and internal network in Exchange server 2003

Have you tried rebooting the server?

Comment

Re: Cannot receive emails from out side and internal network in Exchange server 2003

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Have you tried rebooting the server?
      i will give a reboot now,

i need ur support after the reboot plz

Comment

Originally posted by sbsajjan View Post
        i will give a reboot now,

i need ur support after the reboot plz
        No luck after the reboot,

Comment

Ok you need to provide more information. Have you checked to see if the nesscesary Exchange services are started? Are there any errors in the event log? Can you disable your AV on the exchange server just to eliminate and 3rd party plugins into Exchange. Any obvious errors in ESM like the store not being mounted etc.

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
            Ok you need to provide more information. Have you checked to see if the nesscesary Exchange services are started? Are there any errors in the event log? Can you disable your AV on the exchange server just to eliminate and 3rd party plugins into Exchange. Any obvious errors in ESM like the store not being mounted etc.
            I can see in exchange server all the required services are up and running, I can open in my exchange system manager mails storage, queue, etc working fine, everything going good, I can access all the servers in exchange system manager.

Some reason I cant receive any mails even internally also, sending is not a problem.

When I am flushing and registering my dns cache in Exchnage it gives me an information failed in event viewer, I dont know may be this is the cause of not receiving any mails?

Event ID: 11160
            source: DnsApi
            date 14/01/2010

The system failed to register pointer(PTR) resource records (RR) for network adapter with settings
            adapter name:......
            dns server list:....

the reason that the system could not register these RRs was because of a security related problem. the cause of this could be a your computer does not have a permissions ro register and update the specific dns domain name set for this adapter, or there might be a problem negotiating valid credentials with the dns server during the processing of the update request.

contact network admin/dns admin

how do i fix this issue, in total my users are not receiving any emails internally and externally..

Comment

Originally posted by sbsajjan View Post
              I can see in exchange server all the required services are up and running, I can open in my exchange system manager mails storage, queue, etc working fine, everything going good, I can access all the servers in exchange system manager.

Some reason I cant receive any mails even internally also, sending is not a problem.

When I am flushing and registering my dns cache in Exchnage it gives me an information failed in event viewer, I dont know may be this is the cause of not receiving any mails?

Event ID: 11160
              source: DnsApi
              date 14/01/2010

The system failed to register pointer(PTR) resource records (RR) for network adapter with settings
              adapter name:......
              dns server list:....

the reason that the system could not register these RRs was because of a security related problem. the cause of this could be a your computer does not have a permissions ro register and update the specific dns domain name set for this adapter, or there might be a problem negotiating valid credentials with the dns server during the processing of the update request.

contact network admin/dns admin

how do i fix this issue, in total my users are not receiving any emails internally and externally..

All good I fixed the issue in regards to receiving mails,

it was a dns problem, in domain, preffered dns is pointing to my static ip which suppose to be my localhost 127.0.0.1, dc is my dns recording all rrs and ptrs,

ALL IS WELL.

Comment

This thread is closed, and didnt got much answers for this issue and I restored my backup.

Comment

Working...
                X