Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can receive mails from out side but cant send mail from my exchange

Hi folks
    I migrated server 2003 to 2008R2, installed additional dc in replication mode, all went fine transfered all fsmo roles to new server and shutdown server 2003, now

1) I can receive mails from out side world but I cant send mails from my exchange server,
    2) Clients are conected to exchnage.

3) after the migration clients are not getting internet access.

where do i fix this issue, is it DNS issue r some thing else, i cant figure it out where to fix.

plz drop me a road map to fix this issue

thanks in advance

Re: I can receive mails from out side but cant send mail from my exchange

Mails are sent directly to DNS or you're using smart hosts ?

Comment

Hi

As far as your Concern for Internet on client is concerned, you need to explain the Design of your network...I mean like where is your router, fire wall etc and whats the default gateway for client....its gererally the router......:

And as per your email issue....it might be also realted to the internet one...but when u say you are able to recieve mail...that kind of rules out....try sending the mails....using OWA...see what happens
      check if the mails are getting submitted to queues
      check using msg tracking where exactly the mails are gettting stuck
      and is the internal mail flow working

Rgds

Karan
      Pledgetechnologies
      Best Regards,
      Pledge Technologies

Comment

Originally posted by PledgeTechnologies View Post
        Hi

As far as your Concern for Internet on client is concerned, you need to explain the Design of your network...I mean like where is your router, fire wall etc and whats the default gateway for client....its gererally the router......:

And as per your email issue....it might be also realted to the internet one...but when u say you are able to recieve mail...that kind of rules out....try sending the mails....using OWA...see what happens
        check if the mails are getting submitted to queues
        check using msg tracking where exactly the mails are gettting stuck
        and is the internal mail flow working

Rgds

Karan
        Pledgetechnologies

Hi Karan

I will explain here a clear environment:

there is one AD DC 2003 and member server 2003 having exchange server 2003, it was running fine for past 4 years, yesterday I installed additional DC 2008 R2 in replication mode and transfered all FSMO roles to 2008dc and i shutdown 2003 server, After this I can only send mails to my other users in the network, but i cant send mails to external(outside domains like gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc) I can receive mails from outside(hot mail gmail ,,,,etc), I dont know where exactly i can fix,

Today I received "Delivery status notification(Delay)

this is an automatically generated delivery status notification.
        this is a warnning message only.
        you do not need to resend your message.
        delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

text file:

reporting - MTA : dnsyz.biz
        final recipient : rfc822: [email protected]
        action elayed
        Will retry- until: sun 10 jan 2010
        x display name: xyz

Please help me out in this issue, i dont know where to fix

Comment

Looks like a basic DNS error. DNS resolution isn't occurring.
          I would be looking to ensure that DNS is configured correctly on the servers, pointing to the domain controllers only for DNS.
          On the domain controllers DNS should be configured. You may have to use forwarders pointing to your ISPs DNS servers rather than using root hints.

Simon.
          --
          Simon Butler
          Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
          More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
          Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
          In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Sembee View Post
            Looks like a basic DNS error. DNS resolution isn't occurring.
            I would be looking to ensure that DNS is configured correctly on the servers, pointing to the domain controllers only for DNS.
            On the domain controllers DNS should be configured. You may have to use forwarders pointing to your ISPs DNS servers rather than using root hints.

Simon.

Hi simon

all this happened after the migration, I believe its dns issue, I will look into this by tomarow, I dont know how to delegate dns in 2008DC which i have installed recently and transffered all fsmo roles.

could you please give me a stepwise solution to configure dns please

Comment

Originally posted by sbsajjan View Post
              Hi simon

all this happened after the migration, I believe its dns issue, I will look into this by tomarow, I dont know how to delegate dns in 2008DC which i have installed recently and transffered all fsmo roles.

could you please give me a stepwise solution to configure dns please
              Hi there
              I was pulling my hairs for three days to fix internet connectivity in my office,

After the migration 2008 R2 std, the dns was not working properly and not properly resolving names, i can access internet by entering only ip not the domain,

after digging all the website finaly i got fixed with this link

http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archi...ns-issues.aspx,

really it worked in a second.

cool stuff

Comment

Working...
              X