Data Files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Files

I have exchange 2003 and i make copy of the mdbdata\priv1.edb and mdbdata\priv1.stm

If i bulid new exchange srever and pastw this files to the databace is this can work ????

Thanks

Shay

Re: Data Files

Probably not, depending on a lot of unknown factors
    Why dont you tell us what you are trying to achieve and we can give some considered guidance.
    Two scenarios spring to mind:
    Failed Exchange server?
    Move from one server to another?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have one 2003 exchange server on server 2003 dc , i hade raid 1 on system and raid 5 on data rhe system disk creshed and i canot replace it i disconect the damaged disk and the system work on single disk.

when i tray to backup the system by acronics i recive masage partion eror and i canot backup the system .

i want to backup the data and to bulid new server and restore the data to the new server

Thanks

Shay

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Probably not, depending on a lot of unknown factors
        Why dont you tell us what you are trying to achieve and we can give some considered guidance.
        Two scenarios spring to mind:
        Failed Exchange server?
        Move from one server to another?

Kindly advice me

Thanks
        Shay

Comment

Please do NOT bounce your posts. All support here is voluntary and done in peoples free time. If you want support within so many hours, contact Microsoft and PAY FOR IT

Can you clarify -- you lost your only DC / Exchange server, or do you have another DC still running?
          If the first, how did you recover your DC?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by shayj
            i hade raid 1 on system and raid 5 on data rhe system disk creshed and i canot replace
            Depending on the RAID Controller, you may be able to drop in another HDD of a larger size and have the Controller rebuild the RAID 1. Of course if this works then the new HDD will be reduced to the capacity of the present working drive.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X