read all mail in all email box'es

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• read all mail in all email box'es

how do i look into all mail box'es? in exchange 2003 enterprize 'm the administrator of the domain and have full rights to everything and i want to be able to look at any email box i want.

i also want to know how to setup a login and password on the mail box'es on the domain so when the user log's in they cannot get mail unless they enter the correct nmae and password?

next thing
    how do i make a new mail box without making a new domain user so i can give people webmail access i got the webmail running fine but need to add box'es

any help would be great..

thanks

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268754

http://www.petri.com/grant_full_mail..._2000_2003.htm

From memory you can't create a mailbox without first creating a user. Someone else may be able to clerify this though.

Comment

Re: read all mail in all email box'es

i have done that but when i try and open another users email from my outlook it says unable to dispaly folder.

help!!!
      Last edited by peppereyes; 12th August 2005, 11:24.

Comment

from OWA you can open all mailbox ?
        Thanks
        Noam Greenberg
        If you want yo can conntact me at

Comment

i have given my friends email addresses and i want to be able to read an mail in any email box on the system. I'm the administrator how would i do this?

when i try and open a mail box it says unable to open ?

Comment

Why don't you read the replies you got? There is a simple answer, and you got this as your first reply by wullieb1.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I have done http://www.petri.com/grant_full_mail..._2000_2003.htm and it works great! Used it for exmerge.
              Server 2000 MCP
              Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

The organisation I work for is formulating its privacy policy. They want to know what capability the IT administrators have to look in exchange mail boxes.

I (as IT administrator here) have followed the leads offered by wullieb1. and they work smoothly and easily, up to a point.

When I open the mail box (in outlook: file > open > Other users folder….) I am only offered the generic folders. i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, Tasks.

I am not offered the Deleted Items, Drafts, Outbox or Sent items. Nor am I offered access to any user made folders or sub folders. e.g. Past Suppliers Contacts or Inbox relating to project X.

I would be grateful for suggestions as to “how to” see these other folders or a lead to an explanation why I definitely can not see them.

The system is Exchange 2000 serving Outlook XP clients.

Thanks

DavidNTC

Comment

after a bit of work i found that i can open any mail box and i can see all files, folders and eveything else but i use excahnge 2003? so would not be able to help m8 sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNTC
                    The organisation I work for is formulating its privacy policy. They want to know what capability the IT administrators have to look in exchange mail boxes.

I (as IT administrator here) have followed the leads offered by wullieb1. and they work smoothly and easily, up to a point.

When I open the mail box (in outlook: file > open > Other users folder….) I am only offered the generic folders. i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, Tasks.

I am not offered the Deleted Items, Drafts, Outbox or Sent items. Nor am I offered access to any user made folders or sub folders. e.g. Past Suppliers Contacts or Inbox relating to project X.

I would be grateful for suggestions as to “how to” see these other folders or a lead to an explanation why I definitely can not see them.

The system is Exchange 2000 serving Outlook XP clients.

Thanks

DavidNTC
                    You might want to:

1) Open the target mbx as a separate mbx in your usual OL profile.

or

2) User OWA - http://server/exchange/username/folder
                    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Peppereyes - Thank you for having a go..

Daniel - Thank you, I have had success, both your methods work very well. My concern of my approach not opening the folders has become academic, and I’m a bit busy to follow it through.

I now hope that the organisation is respectful of the staff in it’s Privacy Policy development.

Thanks to you both again for your prompt replies.

DavidNTC

Comment

Working...
                      X