No announcement yet.

Exmerge Backup issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exmerge Backup issue

Hi ,

I am using SBS 2000 , Exchange 2000 . Now while trying to take backup with exmerge tool ..its got failure with all mailboxes accept the administrator mailbox.

In a error log it says its trying to open the mailbox for the particular mailbox and get error related to security. I am going with exmerge 2 step process and i am getting error at 1st step only while extracting mailboxes from existing database.

What could be the cause of the issue i need to give additional security permission to administrator for all mailboxes only administrators mailbox its complete successfully for rest of all it fails...

please help to resolve this ...

Re: Exmerge Backup issue

Hi ,

Can anyone please help me to resolve the issue ...

2 years and 114 posts and you should know NOT to bump your posts.
      We all give up our free time to help out here and, as you may have noticed, this IS the holiday season.

If you need a 24 hour response, please contact Microsoft Product Services, who will be delighted to take your credit card.

Quick question. What permissions does the account you are running Exmerge under have on the mailboxes? Normally you need at least readas and sendas permissions:
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Full mailbox access, for the user under you're running Exmerge, should do it...

this should help you out.

once you have granted the full mailbox rights to the administrator or the user who is performing the backups, then execute exmerge again.