error on database during mbx move?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error on database during mbx move?

I'm pushing strongly at Exchange 2010 at the moment.. so I migrated a mailbox belonging to a disabled, obsolete user. (The account is due for deletion in Feb, in accordance with our procedures)

I executed a mailbox move from trhe Exchange 2010 server.
    On the EX03 server, I've found the following:
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
    Event Category: General
    Event ID: 1025
    Date: 17/12/2009
    Time: 7:21:16 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: EX03
    Description:
    An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (ex03)".
    Function name or description of problem: SLINK::EcUpdate
    Error: 0x8004010f
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
    Event Category: Logons
    Event ID: 1022
    Time: 7:20:04 PM
    Computer: ex03
    Description:
    Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (ex03)" - Windows 2000 account dom\ex2010$; mailbox /o=dom/ou=first administrative group/cn=Recipients/cn=JustinM.
    Error: -2147221231
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MSExchangeIS
    Event Category: Logons
    Event ID: 9660
    Time: 7:20:04 PM
    Computer: ex03
    Description:
    User Justin Mitchell (/o=dom/ou=first administrative group/cn=Recipients/cn=JustinM) failed to log on because their mailbox is in the process of being moved.
    So I suspect this is because I moved the mailbox of a disabled user, and the user needs to logon during the procss.. am I close to correct ?
    THis has stopped me in my tracks a little - although tyhe sole purpose for moving this mailbox was to evaluate time to do the migration..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: error on database during mbx move?

Yes, Exchange can't access disabled mailboxes AFAIK. Did the move actually occur? I'm thinking probably not.

I know that when I've disabled user accounts in the past that emails could not be delivered to the mailbox and the mailbox could not be backed up because of the user accouint being disabled.

Comment

Re: error on database during mbx move?

This is where the msExchMasterAccountSID or the button "Associated external account" comes into play, as soon as you give for instant SELF this permission all will work well again.

Refer to the following link:
      http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...CHG.65%29.aspx

Comment

Working...
      X