No announcement yet.

Access MS Exchange through VPN with outlook

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access MS Exchange through VPN with outlook

in my orgenazation ther is mail server , with exchange 2003 .
    i'm tring to comunicat with the mail through vpn connection with my outlook 2003 .

my computer intall with vista .
    when i adding a new account ( control panel ) and place my name and sever name , is seam to be o.k .
    "ther is undeline under my name and server name " .
    but , when i'm open outlook , ther is a error that apear , the outlook cant comunicat with my mail box on the mail server .
    any idea ? special configuration on mail server ?
    also , if i will succeed, my mail box in the server will synchronize with my box in my home computer ?

thank for any hlep .
    when i can config this page , any replay to my mail ?
    Last edited by edri2000; 15th December 2009, 11:50.

Re: Access MS Exchange through VPN with outlook

Please read the forum rules (sticky at the top of each section) and repost in English (or even American ).
    Although based in Israel, this is an international forum and the rules ask for all posts to be in the English Language to get the best response.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Edri2000, have you configured your Router to Port Forward the VPN port to the mail server?

If this is a home server then RPC over HTTPS would be a better option.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

my first question would be how is the VPN configured?
        It is a vvpn client based connection or a point to point permanent connection using appliances.

can you ping the mail server by name or IP address?

can you telnet into the mail server on port 25 using either the internal IP address or name?

Seen nothing so far to indicate that connectivity is working properly.