Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange calender sync issue

Hi fellow members,

I have this strange sync issue which is only related to Windows Mobile devices, where it will sync the calender to the exchange server, but calender items on the exchange server wil not be synced back to the Windows mobile device.

If I use a laptop from home then everything will sync fine, it is only the mobile device which will not sync the calender (mail is syncing fine)

I tried to apply a patch for day time saving, as I had read that it could be the problem as MS had some issues with this, never the less it did not solve our problem

The mobile device we are using is HTC Touch Dual, using Windows 6.0
    To make it even more strange, it has actually worked to begin with, but it is no longer working. Where to start, the Exchange server or the Mobile device?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,
    Kris

Re: Exchange calender sync issue

Originally posted by slambert View Post
    Hi fellow members,

I have this strange sync issue which is only related to Windows Mobile devices, where it will sync the calender to the exchange server, but calender items on the exchange server wil not be synced back to the Windows mobile device.

If I use a laptop from home then everything will sync fine, it is only the mobile device which will not sync the calender (mail is syncing fine)

I tried to apply a patch for day time saving, as I had read that it could be the problem as MS had some issues with this, never the less it did not solve our problem

The mobile device we are using is HTC Touch Dual, using Windows 6.0
    To make it even more strange, it has actually worked to begin with, but it is no longer working. Where to start, the Exchange server or the Mobile device?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best regards,
    Kris
    Questions:-

1. Exchange server 2003 or 2007 ?
    2. Exchange Service pack level
    3. All users or a particular user?
    4. Do you have a front/backend topology or single server?

This might sound crazy or not logical but I have dealt with a similar issue in the past, can you create test mailbox store and then create a test mailbox in it. Test the account with windows mobile device whether that syncs all items like inbox/calendar/tasks etc?

Kind Regards
    Jedi001
    Technical Director
    www.tecguruz.com
    Ex-Microsoft (Exchange Client & Server Infrastructure Team), MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS & ITIL Foundation certified

Comment

Re: Exchange calender sync issue

Hi Jedi001,

Thanks for the reply it is very much appreciated.
      To make things worse our server actually decided to die yesterday (hardware issues) so I will now have to re-build the server (not nice....) anyway, it should be finished tomorrow or saturdaya, so we shall see, if it does not work by then I will try what you wrote, till then thanks!

Best regards,
      Kris

Comment

Working...
      X