Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server

So I know this is one of those errors that have multiple factors to troubleshooting, but I've come across some clues that might help.

Currently its taking several hours to fully populate a new Outlook client from an existing mailbox that contains 40-60mb of items. What I have found is that if I create a new mailbox and add 40-60mb of mail and connect to a new Outlook client, all of the mailbox items come down in seconds rather than hours. However, if I create a new profile the next day and connect to that very same mailbox, it goes back to downloading email in hours instead of seconds.

Is this a clue to anyone who might know about this issue? Seems that a nightly process is changing something to the mailbox, could it be the online defrag?

Vitals:
    Exchange 2003sp2 on W2K3sp2
    Outlook 2003sp1

Re: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server

Originally posted by joerockt View Post
    So I know this is one of those errors that have multiple factors to troubleshooting, but I've come across some clues that might help.

Currently its taking several hours to fully populate a new Outlook client from an existing mailbox that contains 40-60mb of items. What I have found is that if I create a new mailbox and add 40-60mb of mail and connect to a new Outlook client, all of the mailbox items come down in seconds rather than hours. However, if I create a new profile the next day and connect to that very same mailbox, it goes back to downloading email in hours instead of seconds.

Is this a clue to anyone who might know about this issue? Seems that a nightly process is changing something to the mailbox, could it be the online defrag?

Vitals:
    Exchange 2003sp2 on W2K3sp2
    Outlook 2003sp1

The performance issues may be caused by one or more of the following:
    • Minimal computer specifications
    • The latest service pack for Outlook 2003/2007 not installed
    • Large Personal Folders files (.pst) or Offline Folder files (.ost)
    • Outlook .ost files or .pst files that are on a Solid State Drive (SSD)
    • Third-party add-ins
    • Gadgets (This only applies to Windows Vista)
    • Microsoft Office Communicator integration
    • Antivirus software interaction
    • Windows Desktop Search indexing
    • Incomplete closure of .pst files or .ost files
    • POP3 accounts on Windows Vista clients
    • Many Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds

How to troubleshoot the RPC Cancel Request dialog box in Outlook 2003 or in Outlook 2002
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839862/en-us
    Technical Director
    www.tecguruz.com
    Ex-Microsoft (Exchange Client & Server Infrastructure Team), MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS & ITIL Foundation certified

Comment

Working...
    X