No announcement yet.

Exch 03 migration issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exch 03 migration issue

Hi all,

I am encountering a problem during exchange 2003 migration. I setup the new server, and install exchange 03. Everything runs smooth until we start moving users mailboxes. For the users who move to new exchange box, they sometimes get bounced back emails which they have no problem sending to the same vendor when they are on the old exchange box. In our company, we have setup forward rule from the mailbox to users blackberry. Once whoever moves to new exchange, they are not able to send out an emails to the user who has blackberry, however, user's inbox is able to receive the email. The queue stacks up and keeps trying until time is expired.

Anyone can give me some ideal how to fix this issue? If this can't be fixed, the migration process got stuck. Anything relate to the firewall mapping or MX / ptr ? I have no idea, please help.

Re: Exch 03 migration issue

Could you please provide some more information ...when you say Migrating exchange 2003 to what? Or are you just installing another E2K3 server in the network and then moving everyone to the new one?

How many exchange servers are there in the environment? What kind of firewall you are using? Are you using BIS or BES? Are the users with blackberry only face this issue?

Technical Director
    Ex-Microsoft (Exchange Client & Server Infrastructure Team), MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MCTS & ITIL Foundation certified

Re: Exch 03 migration issue

Loads of reasons why this could be.
      Any reason you aren't using a BES/BPS for the Blackberry users? That will provide you with the full integration of the Blackberry with Exchange. Anything else is simply using about 10% of the Blackberry functionality.

Do you have an SMTP connector in place? If not then you should do. Configure it so the old server is the bridgehead until you have changed your firewall settings to point SMTP traffic at the new server. That will ensure that all email goes out through the old server.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.