Uninstall Exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstall Exchange 2003

I have a windows 2003 + Exchange 2003 that need to be rebuild.
    This server is the only one on it's own domain, so to keep the all Active Directory data. I Plan to do a physical to virtual of it, boot the server on a vmware and do the new installation on the "old" physical server.

So, i'm actually doing it in a testing environnement. I did install the new server
    - Joined the old domain.
    - Set the server to hold of the role of the old one.
    - Installed exchange and join the same organization.
    - I moved all the mail box from the old server to the new one.

I now have the both server running in parallele. I would like to uninstall exchange on the old one, demote it and so remove it from the domain. So, i could power it off and the new clean system could keep running without the other one.

To manage the exchange uninstallation, i followed the instruction that i found here : How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the administrative group
    So all the exchange role are moved to the new server, but when i try to uninstall the exchange server the next button still desperately gray.

I think i missed something in the uninstall process of exchange, if some of have some tips of something that could lead me to my goal. I'll appreciate
    Attached Files
    From the land of the rising sun ...

Re: Uninstall Exchange 2003

Try to open the pull-down menu at the left upper side and select Uninstall (or Remove I'm not sure but some of that should be available).

Comment

It's the button that i clicked, after what the exchange installer interface pop up. (like the screenshot show)
      If i miss understood your reply, could you try to give some more explaination about what you guess could solve my problem.

Thx

Originally posted by FischFra View Post
      Try to open the pull-down menu at the left upper side and select Uninstall (or Remove I'm not sure but some of that should be available).

Comment

Hmm, your picture is not showing that you selected any options from the pull-down menu, it's just the window showing that Exchange is installed.

You see a arrow pointing down at the upper left side, if you click this arrow a pull-down menu will open which gives you the options to Reinstall, Remove or Change the installation.

Comment

Haaaaaaaa, how could i miss that
          You saved my day/week
          Amazing like some time i'm doing some "deep search" for a so easy answer

Comment

Was the screenshot you posted taken from the Exchange Server and is that Microsoft Outlook installed on the Exchange Server?

This is worth a read. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266418
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hooo
              I didn't know that.
              Thank you to point this. i'm not going to do the same mistake on the new server.

Comment

Working...
              X